Winter retreat to costa rica
JANUARY 19 – 25, 2019
Service retreat to india
MARCH 7 – 17, 2019 VT SPRING BREAK
YOGA IN PARADISE!
WINTER RETREAT TO COSTA RICA
JANUARY 19 – 25, 2019
CULTIVATE INNER PEACE. OPEN YOURSELF TO NEW EXPERIENCES. RECONNECT WITH PLAY. LEARN, LAUGH, GROW, SERVE…
The Kunga Yoga School hosts blissful yoga retreats in exotic destinations worldwide with founder Kristin Cooper-Gulak and a select group of senior leaders. We offer over 15 years of experience leading international retreats, teacher trainings, and service programs that are transformational and rejuvenating and we choose some of the most interesting, and beautiful locations on the planet. Our retreats offer a way to relax, de-stress, volunteer, and connect more deeply with yourself and others while living in incredible, breathtaking natural environments.
ABOUT NOSARA, COSTA RICA
KUNGA JOURNEYS INDIA – MARCH 2019
YOGA AND SERVICE RETREAT
Visit the birthplace of yoga. Take your yoga off the mat. Join In Balance Yoga and Kunga Yoga as we travel to Bangalore, Hassan and Mysore, India for our first Kunga Journeys Service and Yoga Retreat. We’ll visit the Homes of Hope Orphanage in Hassan, India to see the girls we support throughout the year through the Kunga Fund and spend the last few days in Mysore, the birthplace of yoga.
What is this retreat and where is it?
This is a service retreat to work and serve at the Homes of Hope Orphanage located in Hassan, India. We will spend the first 4-5 days living and working in the Orphanage. Our service project is building a counseling room for the girls. We will also see life at the Orphanage with their daily chores and responsibilities, help them with their schoolwork and English and have time to connect and play. We will offer 2 optional yoga and meditation classes a day. The last 3 days we will journey over to the birthplace of yoga in Mysore, India for the remainder of the retreat.
Who can attend?
Our first trip to Homes of Hope India in Hassan will be limited to 12 people. Nicole, Justin & Keala are leading the Kunga Journey Service and Yoga Retreat with 9 available spaces to the community.
When is our first Kunga Journeys Service and Yoga Retreat to Homes of Hope?
March 9 – March 17, 2019 (we will leave the US on March 7th for arrival on March 9th)
We are working with a travel agent to coordinate. Airfare not included. However, we will provide recommended travel itinerary.
To serve and to change these girls’ hearts forever!
To serve with a spiritual and adventurous heart.
GROW THE SPIRIT AND THE SOUL.
WHAT THE RETREAT INCLUDES:
- 7 nights/8 days accommodations (4 Nights at the Hassan Homes of Hope Orphanage and 3 Nights stay at a hotel in Mysore India)
- Donation to Homes of Hope Orphanage (20% of retreat investment to Homes of Hope Orphanage)
- 15 optional yoga classes: 2 yoga + meditation classes offered daily (Gentle & Meditation and/or All – Level Flow)
- 17 meals included: breakfast, lunch and dinner the first 4 days while at the Orphanage, Breakfast Daily the 3 days in Mysore + 1 group dinner in Mysore
- Airport transfer to Orphanage upon your arrival
- Transportation from Orphanage to Mysore
- Airport transfer from Mysore to Bangalore Airport
- Daily afternoon activities at the Homes of Hope Orphanage
- Building a Counseling Room for the girls: Cleaning, Painting, Repairs & Maintenance, Purchasing Furniture: Desk, File Cabinet, Chairs, Bookshelf etc. with the money raised from Kunga Fest at In Balance Yoga
- Teaching/reading conversational English with the girls, helping with homework
- Kids/family yoga with the girls
- Playing with the girls
- Entry fee to Mysore Palace
- All transfers and sightseeing as per the itinerary
- TBD excursions: Ayurveda lecture, visit to Devaraja Market, and more!
- Wifi included at hotel stay in Mysore
Accommodations at Hassan Orphanage, Bunk Bed Style
Click here to sign up and make deposit
Please also contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to confirm your deposit
Or call us (540) 961 – 1030 and we can take your deposit over the phone
We will contact you for room preference and payment plan.
KUNGA JOURNEY TO INDIA
TIME LAPSE OF 2017 SERVICE PROJECT